After the recent Government announcement AHPS will be closed for most children from Friday 20th March 2020 until further notice. In line with government advice, the school will be open to children who have an EHCP, who have the support of a social worker and the children of ‘key workers.’ For these children AHPS will be open on Monday 23rd March.
To support children while they are at home, we have created a pack of learning for your child. A paper copy of this pack has been sent home with every child from Reception to Year 6. A copy will also be available on the school website. If you are self-isolating please contact the school and we will make alternative arrangements to get the paper copy of the home learning packs to you.
The pack contains age appropriate actives and learning opportunities for your child to undertake while they are not at school. The tasks are open ended and designed to give your child the time to research, develop and explore further their learning.
We have included the following
- A suggested daily activities structure to keep your child in a routine
- Open ended tasks that can be undertaken with family members – cooking, playing board games, designing board games.
- Website links to sites which have games and interactive learning opportunities
- Reading prompts, advice and support
- Reading books
- 3 Library books per child
- Projects based on the spring terms learning themes
- Research based on the summer terms learning themes
- Year groups specific spellings to practise
- ‘how to keep active’ at home advice from Mr Styles linked to his PE activities
- An exercise book
- A pencil
We will endeavour to keep you updated with any changes as they may happen over the coming weeks. We ask that you check your emails and the school website regularly.
If you have any concerns or queries please email the school through the office email - email@example.com we will aim to get back to you as soon as we possibly can. We have also included a list of useful contacts and services that can be accessed for support while you are at home.
Although school may be closed, we will be contactable and always happy to support and help families should they need it. Please don’t hesitate to contact us over the next few weeks. Take care of yourselves and each other.
Mrs C Potts and the whole AHPS team